Saturday, August 13, 2011

Homemade Cereal

This recipe I obtained from Brendan Brazier's Thrive Diet. I purchased the Kindle book from Amazon and finished it in two days. I actually have many of the prescribed diet components as part of my daily diet already. Not sure if I will go 100% plant based, but will get close to it. I tried this recipe today and loved it!

Diced apple
1/2 cup diced almonds
1 cup oats
1/2 cup ground flaxseed
1/2 cup hemp protein
1/2 cup sesame seeds
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp ground stevia leaf
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/4 cup hemp oil
1/4 cup molasses
2 Tbsp apple juice

Toss all ingredients. Spread on tray oiled with coconut oil (you can also use parchment paper instead of oiling the tray). Bake at 250 degrees for one hour. Keep refrigerated for up to 2 weeks. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment