Sunday, November 27, 2011

Juice Fast

I've totally neglected my blog lately.  My apologies!!  I will try to be more diligent about posting regularly. 

I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving.  I spent time with my husband's family, and ate way too much (most of which was NOT healthy!).  I followed it up with a liquid fast.  I wanted to go two days, but I made it 24 hours instead.  For a first time, it went remarkably well.  I think I will do this once a month. 

I started, as I do every day, with a large glass of water and apple cider vinegar.  Breakfast, lunch, and dinner were a 16 ounce glass of freshly juiced fruits and vegetables.  I believe a liquid fast requires a good juicer.  I have the Omega, and I love it.  Between "meals" I had raw coconut water and teas.  My favorite teas are ginger/lemon, rooibos, and rosemary/basil.  Surprisingly, I did not feel hungry throughout the day. 

I'm ending the fast with a whole food smoothie (recipe is in this blog somewhere!), raw fruits and veggies, and still keeping with the teas and juiced vegetables (I've been juicing everyday for the last two years).

If you have any health issues, check with your doctor before starting a juice fast.  If you don't have any health issues, but don't eat very healthy, I would wait on juice fasting until you start and maintain a healthy diet for a couple of months, at least.  Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment