Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Buckwheat Pancakes

I generally don't eat solid, cooked food breakfast, but on the weekends I like to break the habit with these nutritious pancakes. Straight out of the Thrive Diet!

1 cup buckwheat flour
1/4 cup ground flaxseed
1/4 cup protein
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1 banana
2 cups water
1/2 cup barley flakes

Mix first six ingredients.  Process banana and water while slowly adding dry ingredients. Stir in barley flakes with a spoon.  Cook in pan lightly coated with coconut oil on medium heat.

Sig's mix: I didn't have barley flakes, so I just didn't use them. I put a little less water.  I also did not process the banana.  I like banana chunks in my pancakes. To finish, I topped it with agave nectar and some cinnamon.

No comments:

Post a Comment