Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Ginger Lemon Spice Tea

This is not a new post, but my last post on this was for a hot tea.  This is a recipe that makes more of the tea, which I then refrigerate.  Perfect for the hot weather coming up.  The health benefits of ginger and lemon are wonderful, so I make sure to drink this stuff daily.  The cloves, cinnamon, and nutmeg add spice and antioxidants.  I drink this unsweetened, but you can always add honey.

Boil 1-2 quarts of water with a large piece of grated ginger, juice from 1-2 lemons, 1 tsp nutmeg, 1-2 tsp cinnamon, and 5-10 cloves.  You can alter the amount of each ingredient according to your taste.  I like the spice, so I put a lot of ginger and spices.  Remove from heat, cover, and let cool.  Pour through a sifter and refrigerate. 

No comments:

Post a Comment