Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Apple Butter


**I have changed this recipe a bit. The last one used too much vinegar. I reduced the amount and used water to fulfill the rest of the liquid requirement. Perfect! **

Holy moly!  This is so good.  I wasn't sure how it would turn out, so I only made half the recipe.  But I will be making a full batch very soon.  Here's what I did: 

5 apples
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
3/4 cup water
1/2 cup honey
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp all spice
1/2 tsp ground cloves

Peel, core and chop apples.  Throw them into a crock pot with the apple cider vinegar.  Leave overnight at least 10 hours on low.  Blend the apples with the rest of the ingredients.  Put mixture back into the crock pot for 6 hours.  Done.  This made approximately 3 cups of apple butter.

You can also substitute pears for apples, or do both. I tried 2 pears and 3 apples and it was awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment